Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Research on mechanisms of drug action, drug interaction, drug action in animals as well as toxicology of drugs, toxic substances and plants in animals.
- Design and development of new anticancer agents.
- Study of molecular mechanisms of action of anticancer drugs and chemical inducers of differentiation of neoplastic cells.
- Relationship of cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis and their role of gene expression in these processes.
- Structure, function and genetic basis of metabolism of drugs via cytochrome P450 in food producing and companion animals.
- Molecular basis of metabolism of xenobiotics (drugs, toxic compounds) and endogenous compounds in animals and the genetic basis of the differences observed in metabolism of xenobiotics in animals.
- Study of antibiotic resistance.
- Pharmacokinetic of veterinary drugs.
- Neurodegenerative diseases and potent targets.
- Evaluation of potency and safety of drugs and vaccines.
- Role of neurotransmitters and their receptors, developmental and neurotrophic factors in cell growth and fate of neural precursor cells of the central nervous system.
- Mechanism of control of cell growth, differentiation and survival of stem cells.
- Development of new methods of mRNA transfer in cells and application of this technology in clinical practice.
Method for the development of a delivery platform to produce deliverable PTD-IVT-mRNA therapeutics, REF: GR-9389, Application number 20190100504 (11-11-2019). Hellenic Industrial Property Organization
Project in progress:
Development of innovative approach of CAR (Chimeric antigen receptors) technology in the context of oral cancer immunotherapy (2020-2022)
To view the Curriculum Vitae or Personal Webpage of each member of the Department, click on the corresponding link.